Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tin men and winged primates oh my!!!






Here are my takes on some of the Wizard of Oz characters. These two are just pencil sketches that I inked with a fine line sharpie. I wanted to

give the flying monkey a more menacing and mamilian look so I opted for bat wings I threw the bell hop cap in for fun. The tin-man I wanted to show frozen in time, almost like he was working on escaping then...just couldn't. These sketches put an idea in my head to revamp the Oz story but lets not jump the gun yet. I'm just getting started.
Let me know what you think. I realize that these sketches look a little rough, I inked my pencils and didnt erase the rough edges. These are concept sketches, just quick drawings to put thought on paper. I want to put different levels of my art work up in different stages, it's kinda like viewing my thought process and it helps me figure out what to do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment